The FUE hair transplant procedure is a type of hair restoration that uses small punches to extract follicular units from the back and sides of the head. The FUE procedure is often used in conjunction with other methods, such as micrografting or strip surgery. This method is most effective on people who have thin but not balding hair on their heads.
Post-operative instructions for FUE hair transplant
- Keep your head elevated.
- Take pain medication as prescribed by the surgeon.
- Avoid strenuous activities that could stress the grafts, like running or lifting heavy objects for at least two weeks after surgery. This is important because it can cause trauma to the transplanted follicles and reduce their viability over time. Especially if you have a large area of thinning hair loss (FUE). If you have been told to avoid exercise after surgery. We recommend doing so for at least six months following your procedure date in order to ensure optimal results from FUE procedures. Avoid alcohol and smoking until after your follow-up appointment with us. Both substances can harm transplantation success by causing blood vessels near transplanted follicles not only to dilate but also constrict as well. Be sure not to drink any caffeinated beverages such as coffee or tea either while recovering from anesthesia because these may lead directly to headaches later on down the road.
- We recommend avoiding sun exposure during this time frame due to healing wounds which may develop scarring underneath those areas where there wasn’t enough donor material present initially”.
What should I do on the day of surgery?
- Avoid eating or drinking anything after midnight.
- Do not smoke, drink alcohol, and take any painkillers (aspirin, anti-inflammatory medications) 24 hours before the procedure.
Sutures are not required after the FUE hair transplant procedure
After surgery, we recommend that you don’t wash your hair for 7 days. This will allow the transplanted hairs to grow naturally and form a strong root base. You can wash it as soon as you feel comfortable doing so. Don’t take any painkillers or antibiotics during this time either.
One of the biggest concerns people have when getting their FUE procedure done is whether or not they need stitches after surgery. The answer is no! There are no stitches required during an FUE procedure because it uses microscopically thin needles that are inserted at different angles into each follicle without damaging them at all in order to create new ones from scratch.
What happens during the healing phase?
After the surgery, you will not need to restrict your activity. You can resume normal daily activities immediately after surgery and may even take a few days off from work if your doctor recommends it.
After FUE hair transplantation, there is no need to wear a hat or use pillows while sleeping because there is no pain or bleeding associated with this procedure. The only time that you may experience some discomfort is when someone touches the newly transplanted follicles on your scalp. This should not last long unless there are large areas being treated (more than one graft). In general though, after FUE procedures there shouldn’t be any pain or swelling for about three days before returning back home where we use topical creams following each treatment session until healing occurs naturally over about 4-6 weeks based on individual needs but generally within 3 months following surgery
When will I see results after my hair transplant procedure?
There is no downtime for your hair transplant procedure. You can wash and style your hair as normal after the procedure, though it does take about three days for the transplanted hairs to grow in fully. You will be able to return to work within three days of having the surgery done Or even sooner if you are recovering from an illness or injury during your recovery period.
You should expect results from a successful FUE post op hair transplant within six months after treatment has been completed; however, some patients may see their new appearance more quickly than others depending on their own individual genetic makeup and health factors (such as smoking).
How soon can I return to work?
- You can return to work after 3-4 days.
- Avoid strenuous activities for 2 weeks.
- Avoid swimming for 1 week, and avoid sun exposure for 2 weeks.
- Avoid alcohol consumption during this time period as well (this includes beer).
Are there any side effects or problems associated with a FUE hair transplant?
There are no side effects from a FUE procedure. It is not painful and the recovery time is very short, usually only a few days. In fact, many patients find that they can leave work early because they don’t feel any pain at all!
The results of your FUE hair transplant are long-lasting and natural looking; this makes them perfect for those who want to maintain their new hairline for years to come.
Can I have more than one procedure?
You can have more than one procedure done at the same time.
The number of procedures you can have depends on the area of your scalp that
to be treated, as well as how much hair you want to grow back.
For example, if you want to treat a small area like an eyebrow or beard then it would be possible to have just one procedure done there – but if you wanted larger areas such as entire sideburns or chest then multiple procedures will probably be necessary (upwards from 1-2).
The results from the FUE Hair transplantation method are absolutely amazing
FUE hair transplantation is a minimally invasive procedure that uses a small punch to extract follicular units from the donor area.
FUE hair transplant has been considered one of the most natural-looking procedures because it doesn’t require any scar tissue or incisions, making it ideal for those who want to keep their post-op look as natural as possible.
If you are considering a FUE Hair transplant, then you owe it to yourself to find out what your options are. Los Angeles is a great place for this procedure and we have an excellent reputation in the medical community. We can provide you with all of the information that will help you decide whether or not this is something worth pursuing further.