An ischemic or mild stroke happens when blood supply is reduced or interrupted to your brain. This prevents the nutrients and oxygen from transmitting and entering your brain tissue. Within minutes, this condition can result in the brain cells dying.
A mild stroke is a medical emergency that requires immediate attention and treatment. The earlier the treatment and response, the lesser the brain damage and other associated complications. However, there’s nothing to worry about as now not many Indians pass away due to stroke like before.
In this article, you’ll learn about mild stroke treatment and its causes. So, let’s start.
Causes of Mild Stroke
The cause of a mild stroke depends on its type. Generally, there are three primary categories of strokes:
- Ischemic Stroke
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Hemorrhagic Stroke
You can further classify these stroke types into:
- Intracerebral Stroke
- Thrombotic Stroke
- Subarachnoid Stroke
- Embolic Stroke
Your treatment and overall recovery depend on the type of stroke you are having.
When an ischemic stroke occurs, the arteries become blocked or narrowed. These arteries are responsible for transmitting blood to the brain. Reduced blood flow or blood clot in brain can result in such blockages. Also, the narrowing or blockage happens when the pieces of plaque break and cause blood vessel blockage.
It happens when there’s leakage of blood or breakage of the artery in the brain. This blood leakage from the artery results in swelling of the brain and excessive pressure on the skull. It ultimately damages the brain tissues and cells.
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
TIA, mini-stroke, or the Transient ischemic attack, happens when there’s a temporary blockage of blood flow into your brain. You will experience the same symptoms as that of a full stroke. However, the safe thing is that the blockage is temporary and goes away within minutes or hours.
Mild Stroke Treatment
When it comes to mild stroke, you will need proper diagnosis and best-in-class treatment for recovery. When you feel like having a mild stroke, it’s best to contact the hospital immediately. Depending on the type of stroke, the treatments include:
Treatment For Ischemic Stroke and TIA (Mild Case):
As blockage or blood clot in the brain is responsible for causing these types of stroke, they’re mostly treated with the same methodologies, which include:
- Clot Breaking Drugs: Doctors will use thrombolytic drugs to break the blockage or blood clot in the arteries. It will stop the stroke and lower the brain damage. An example of such a drug is Alteplase IV r-tPA. This drug effectively and quickly dissolves the blood clot for remedy.
- Mechanical Thrombectomy: In this process, the doctor treats the inside of your head by inserting a catheter onto a big-sized blood vessel. This device pulls out the clot from the brain’s blood vessels.
- Stents: During the diagnosis, the doctor tries to locate the place where the artery walls got weak. Once located, they go for a medical procedure to support the artery walls by inflating the narrowed artery and using a stent.
- Surgery: On rare occasions when any above treatments won’t give effective results, the doctors will go for surgery. They will use a catheter to remove the plaques and blood clots from the arteries.
Mild stroke is a common medical condition that mostly triggers people aged between 40-60. If you find yourself or someone else having a mild stroke, it’s best to seek medical emergency help from a doctor right away.